The Authority's staff members are a valuable asset with a wealth of knowledge and experience.
Opportunities for training and education are taken when appropriate to ensure a high standard of health, safety and environmental compliance is maintained throughout all departments.
Shetland Tall Ships Ltd - Project Manager
Shetland Tall Ships Limited is seeking to recruit a Project Manager for delivery of Lerwick’s role as a Host Port for the Tall Ships Races 2023.
An experienced event manager is required to undertake a wide range of responsibilities for hosting a 4-day festival in July 2023. Primarily, practical and social arrangements for a fleet of vessels and their crews (with a focus on 15-25 year old trainees), with a complementary public entertainment programme, is required.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of major event delivery including operations, budget management and managing teams. Knowledge of the Shetland economy and good relationships within the Shetland business community are desirable.
With two years to prepare, energy and enthusiasm are necessary to drive a multitude of tasks for a successful outcome. Key deliverables will include:
- Establish an office, IT, financial and administrative systems for the company.
- Coordinate and facilitate a number of sub-committees to guide various workstreams.
- Establish a project programme and ensure it remains on track.
- Ensure all relevant Health (including COVID-19), Safety, Environmental and event operational plans are timeously produced.
- Managing support staff and contractors as required.
- Assist partner organisations on sail trainee recruitment, vessel recruitment and work with other providers of the overall Tall Ships Races 2023 series.
- Attract corporate sponsors to support the event.
- Recruit, train and support the management a large number of volunteers.
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Market the event to key target audiences.
The full-time post will be for a fixed term to autumn 2023.
To receive an application pack with details on the position, please contact 01595 692991 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications marked “Private and Confidential” should be submitted before noon on Monday 23 August 2021 to:
Malcolm Bell, Chairman, Shetland Tall Ships Limited, c/o Lerwick Port Authority, Albert Building, Lerwick, Shetland. ZE1 0LL.